This is one of the most common concerns among patients who are contemplating undergoing gastric sleeve surgery. So we thought it pertinent at Central Coast Surgery to address the issues.
1. Most gastric sleeve patients do not go on to have skin removal surgery.
2. At one year after gastric sleeve surgery, most patients are not concerned about loose skin.
3. Muscle toning exercises will help prevent saggy skin.
4. If surgical skin removal is required after gastric sleeve surgery, then it is best to wait until two years after surgery when all weight loss is stabilised.
5. The most common sites of loose skin after significant weight loss from gastric sleeve surgery are in the belly and the arms.
As with all concerns about gastric sleeve surgery, the best idea is to talk to a qualified surgeon.