Utilising keyhole surgery, when possible, to reduce scarring and reduce healing time…
Central Coast Weight Loss Surgery and Minimally Invasive Surgery provides not only obesity surgery, but also provides many other types of surgery, as detailed below. Whenever possible, surgery is done by keyhole surgery, sometimes even just a single keyhole.
Single keyhole surgery
This is the latest advance in keyhole surgery. Generally keyhole surgery involves four or five small cuts.
However, since July 2010, Dr. Ken Wong at the Central Coast Weight Loss and Minimally Invasive Surgery has been successfully conducting single keyhole surgery. A single small cut (~2cm) is made in the belly button. The entire operation is then performed through this single keyhole.
For the patient, this is a great option, as it is virtually scar free since the belly button will usually hide the single cut very well. This new approach is suitable for gallbladder surgery, appendix surgery, bowel/colon surgery, spleen surgery and weight loss surgery (for certain patients).
Ask your doctor about scar free keyhole surgery before committing to surgeries that can leave large lifelong scars.
Other surgeries and procedures performed by Dr. Ken Wong include:
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Gallbladder surgery – single key hole surgery
- Bowel and colon surgery – anal bleeding
- Hernia surgery, including hiatus hernia
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Thyroid surgery
- Adrenal surgery
- Children’s surgery – circumcisions, hernia, undescended testes Weight Loss surgery
- Gastric band surgery
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric Bypass
- Removal and revision of failed gastric bands
- Spleen surgery
- Stomach and esophagus surgery
- Vascular access surgery – Porta cath insertion under local anesthetic
- Vena cava filters
- Cancer surgery including breast, bowel and skin cancers